Israel Railways makes every effort to ensure your journey is pleasant, enjoyable and efficient. For rail users looking to make the most of their travel time, we've introduced a new Quiet Car service featuring a designated noise-free car where passengers are requested to keep quiet, and refrain from talking on cellular devices. Passengers can reserve seats in advance, thereby guaranteeing a journey filled with peace and quiet. So you can simply... enjoy the ride!
Purchasing tickets for the Quiet Car
Passengers can upgrade to the Quiet Car service by adding 5 NIS to the price of their travel ticket. A travel ticket including the Quiet Car service and reserved seat can be purchased at the station before boarding the train, at the cashier or at the automatic ticket machines.
- The Quiet Car service is only available at the northern car of the train.
- You can purchase the Quiet Car service for one direction only.
- You can purchase the Quiet Car service 7 days prior to the planned travel date, only at the Railway cashier.
- The Quiet Car service is operated Sun-Fri, only within passenger trains on the Nahariya/Haifa-Modi'in/Be'er Sheva lines.
- The Quiet Car service will not be operated on Saturday nights, on holiday eves, at the end of a holiday, on night trains and on such times which will be posted in advance.