As every year, on Memorial Day and Independence Day, we will operate a designated train schedule, and we will suspend the electrification work carried out every evening on the Coast line in order to enable train service between Haifa and Tel Aviv stations on the eve of Independence Day.
Memorial Day and Independence Day Eve, Wednesday, May 4, 2022:
- Until 15:00 (approximately), trains will operate on the regular Wednesday schedule.
- As in previous years, from 15:00 to 24:00 (approximately), the frequency of passenger trains will decrease on most travel lines, and the trains will operate in the format of one train per hour.
- In order to enable train service on the Coast line until late at night for the benefit of passengers participating in the various holiday eve events, the electrification work performed every night on the Coast line will be suspended, and train operating hours on the Nahariya - Haifa - Tel Aviv - Ben Gurion Airport – Modi’in line will be extended until 01:00 at night (approximately).
This line (Nahariya - Haifa - Tel Aviv - Ben Gurion Airport - Modi'in) will be operated during these hours with a frequency of two trains per hour in each direction.
The trains will stop at stations: Nahariya, Ako, Kiryat Motzkin, Kiryat Haim, Hutsot HaMifrats, HaMifrats Central Station, Haifa Center HaShmona, Haifa Bat Galim, Haifa Hof HaKarmel, Binyamina, Hadera West, Netanya, Herzliya, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv Savidor Center, Tel Aviv HaShalom, Tel Aviv HaHagana, Ben Gurion Airport, Modi’in Outskirts, Modi’in Center.
- In addition, there will be slight changes in train times on the Jerusalem Yitzhak Navon - Herzliya line and on the Beit She'an - Haifa line (Valley line).
- As is customary every year, the CEO of Israel Railways has issued a directive according to which bereaved families are entitled to a discount of 50% of the fare on Memorial Day. To receive the discount, a bereaved family certificate must be presented.
- Attention! Throughout the night between the eve of Independence Day and Independence Day (the night between Wednesday and Thursday), trains between Haifa Center - Haifa Bat Galim - Haifa Hof HaKarmel - Binyamina - Hadera West - Netanya - Tel Aviv Savidor Center and between Jerusalem Yitzhak Navon – Ben Gurion Airport - Tel Aviv Savidor Center will operate with a frequency of one train every two hours (approximately) in each direction.
Independence Day, Thursday, May 5, 2022:
Trains will operate with a frequency of one train per hour, except for the following travel lines which will operate with a frequency of two trains per hour, at certain hours:
- The Nahariya - Haifa - Tel Aviv - Modi'in line - will operate with a frequency of two trains every hour, between of 18:00-21:00 (approximately). During the other operating hours on this day, the line will operate with a frequency of one train per hour.
- The Herzliya - Jerusalem Yitzhak Navon line - will operate with a frequency of two trains per hour between 09:00-15:00. During the other operating hours on this day, the line will operate with a frequency of one train per hour.
- It is recommended to remain updated regarding trip times, at the Journey Planner