On the eve of Shavuot (the Festival of Weeks), Sunday, May 16, 2021 and under the directive of the Ministry of Transportation, the electrification work on the coastal railway tracks will be temporarily suspended, in order to enable continuous and fast train service. The trains will operate according to a designated schedule:
- On the eve of Shavuot, Sunday, May 16, 2021, between 06:00 - 14:30 (approximately) – Passenger trains will operate in accordance with the Friday schedule, with the addition of trains, the routes of which will be extended:
- The route of the trains on the Nahariya - Haifa line, which is operated every Friday and on the eve of holidays, will be extended to the Ben Gurion Airport station, with stops at all intermediate stations, including Tel Aviv stations.
- These trains will operate in the format of one train per hour, in each direction. In order to enable the train service on the coastal line, pinpoint electrification work on the coastal railway tracks will be suspended.
- The evening after Shavuot, Monday, May 17, 2021 – Passenger trains will operate according to the Saturday evening schedule.
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021, Isru Chag (the last day of Shavuot) – passenger trains will operate in accordance with the Sunday schedule.
It is recommended to remain updated regarding trip times when planning a trip route, through the app and at the Israel Railways call center hotline at Tel: *5770
Passengers are required to wear a face mask throughout the journey and to practice social distancing.