Israel Railways - Just enjoy the ride!
Israel Railways Ltd is a government company dealing with transporting of travelers and transportation of cargo all over the country. Israel Railways makes every effort to act safely, accurately, professionally and efficiently,
while providing optimal service to the millions of travelers using the train every month.
We, in Israel Railways, know that your time is precious therefore we work around the clock for the expansion of the rail network, the increasing of the safety level and for the constant adoption of new technologies.
being a company which leads public transportation revolution, we have targeted the improvement of the quality of your trip, so you can simply enjoy the ride!
Israel Railways from the establishment of the State of Israel until today
Israel Railways began its activity as an auxiliary unit of the Ministry of Transportation, already upon the state establishment. In the year of 1988 the Israel Railways activity was transferred to the Ports and Railways Authority, in December 1996 the Israeli Government decided to separate it from the Ports and Railways Authority and to establish a governmental railways company. In 2003 Israel Railways became an independent company owned by the government.
Israel Railways on the fast track
Israel Railways is the transportation company with the highest growth rate, and the largest company of transportation infrastructure in Israel. Israel Railways has two subsidiaries: The Company for the development of the Israel Railways Sites Ltd. running business-commercial development of the land and the sites of the railway stations.
Cargo Railways Company Ltd. acting for transportation of cargos by the railway and carrying out investments and infrastructure development.
5 facts you didn't know about Israel Railways
- Over 200,000 passengers travel every day by Israel Railways.
- In March 2016 there were 5.4 million travels by train - a record of all times!
- Within the Israeli Railways' Logo, you can find silhouette of inclined Star of David from which four rails are splitting towards the four cardinal directions.
- The control of the national railway traffic is being made by national control and command facility, located at Haifa Hof HaCarmel Station.
- In October 2016, the Valley Line connecting between Haifa and the Valley settlements, has been re-operated after 65 years.
The vision and objectives of Israel Railways
Israel Railways hires approximately 3,400 employees working nationwide 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to provide the passengers with safe, fast and efficient travel. As follows are the goals we have set to all employees and managers of the railway:
- Improving the quality of management, the corporate culture and business orientation
- Increasing the amount of travels
- Increasing revenues and profitability from cargos
- Improving passenger service
- Improving the railway's image
- Increasing the safety level
- Improving the fitness of the mobile stock
- Improving the availability and utilization of the rails and the associated infrastructures
- Fulfillment of the development plan through compliance with the development schedule
- Improving of profitability and economic optimization
The customer is at the center!
Israel Railways puts an emphasis on the travel experience and on continuous improvement of the service being provided for the passengers. Inter alia, by increasing the railway frequencies, adding stations, expanding and upgrading parking lots and stations, providing training for service providers, making constant improvement of the channels of information and different projects designed to empower the experience of travel and the time spending at the stations, such as libraries and pianos at the stations.
Israel Railways in numbers
In the year of 2015, the annual turnover of Israel Railways surrounded NIS 2.3 billion from current operation and an investment flow of about NIS 1.7 billion from development activity. In the years of 2015 and 2016 the company issued bonds in the amount of about NIS 1 billion per issuance and became reporting corporation subjected to the Securities Regulations regarding transparency and efficiency.
Would you like to know more? Read about Israel Railways and the Quality of Environment (link), Library at the Station Project (link) and Playing Music at the Station Project (link).